RKL Lawyers and Consultants ("RKL") take privacy seriously. At RKL we comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as well as the Australian Privacy Principles.
What is Personal Information
Personal information that we may from time to time collect from you may include:
- Your name, address, contact number and email.
- Memberships and/or associations.
- Medical details, family details and sexual preferences.
- Opinions, religious beliefs and/ or political beliefs.
- Criminal record.
- Financial information and details of assets.
- Work history.
How we may collect your Personal Information
In order to conduct our business and provide you with the required services, RKL may require Personal Information from you. Generally, we will ask you to provide this information directly to us. However, when necessary, such information may be collected from a third party. Examples of third parties may include a former employer or a government organisation. Where possible, before collecting such information, RKL will request your consent or take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of why the information was collected and how it will be used. Your consent may be express or implied from the nature of your dealings with us.
How we may use your Personal Information
RKL will only use your Personal Information in the usual course of its business. This may include:
- Providing you with legal services including information and advice which you have specifically requested from us, as well as any other information which we feel may be relevant to you.
- To invite you to events that we feel may interest you.
- To maintain and develop our relationship with you.
- Assessing your suitability for employment at RKL.
- Accounting and billing.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
RKL will maintain the confidentially of your information to the extent permitted by law. We will only release your confidential information with your consent or where we are required by law to do so. Your consent may be given expressly or implied from your conduct and the services we may or may not be providing to you.
How we keep your information secure
RKL takes all reasonable steps to secure your Personal Information. Some of our security measures include:
- Password protection on devices.
- Security monitoring of RKL premises.
- Code only access and alarm systems at RKL Premises.
- Strict file management, archiving and deed storage.